SOCIAL MEDIA

LOVE LIST

Thursday, January 4, 2018

5 Ways to Turn a Bad Day Into A Good Day

Bad days happen and man do they SUCK! It seems like if one bad thing happens, it just sets the tone for rest of the day and everything else spirals completely out of control. But what if I told you that YOU have the power to turn that bad day around? No, no I'm not about to try and sell you anything or give you empty promises. What I will do is share a few ways that I like to get out of my head for a bit and put myself in a better mood - sort of like how I reset when I'm upset. Here are 5 ways to turn your bad day into a better one!


1. GET MOVING

One of the best things to do is to get up and get active. Get that blood pumping and get moving! You could go to the gym and let off some steam or you could go for a walk around your neighborhood. I remember one time I had a really hard day at my old job. I was frustrated with literally everything and could feel myself about to break down - so I put everything on pause, took my break, and went for a little walk. When I got back I felt SO much better, refreshed, and made it through the rest of the day.

Another one of my favorite things to do when I'm upset is to blast the music and have myself a bit of a dance party. Sometimes, I'll turn it into my own personal concert. Yeah, it's silly, but who cares? It's fun and it gets me out of my own head for a moment.


2. PLAY YOUR FAVORITE SONGS

There's nothing like the feeling of listening to one of your favorite songs - the butterflies, the nostalgia (if it's an oldie), and the happiness. When I'm feeling upset, I put on my headphones and blast my favorite songs. Sometimes it helps to sing at the top of my lungs, but if I'm in a place where there are people around, just listening does the trick. Spotify has some great playlists with feel good music. DJs upload their mixes to YouTube as well. I personally like to search for "Chill Mix" and listen to whichever one catches my eye.

3. MEDITATE/POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS

My thoughts are LOUD! And if you're anything like me, once you are upset you keep playing out everything over and over again in your head. I've learned this does absolutely nothing but make me more upset and angry and irritated at literally everything. So, recently I've started meditating when things aren't going my way. I like listening to guided meditations for positive energy on YouTube because they're free and you can check the comments before listening to see if it's something you'd like. If you'd like to know one of my favorites, check it out here. You can also try listening to and chanting positive affirmations. If you want to feel powerful and positive, repeatedly tell yourself you already are powerful and positive!

4. EAT YOUR FAVE FOODS

I know this may not be the healthiest of things to do, but when I'm upset GIVE ME MY FAVORITE FOOD! If I have an appetite, it's usually for something sweet. So when I need a pick me up, I'll grab my Nutella and my ice cream and chow down! If sweets will throw you off of your health kick, eat your favorite meal - pizza, fruit, mac n' cheese, whatever it is! Treat yo self!

5. WATCH YOUR GUILTY PLEASURE SHOWS

Guys, I love Netflix. When I'm not having the best day, sometimes I like to get immersed in a different world, such as one with hot vampires and werewolves - don't judge me. But Netflix, Hulu, and even YouTube have so many shows, documentaries, and movies to watch! You can binge watch one of your favorite shows or find a new obsession. Sometimes, it's good to take a mental break for a bit. If you want to kick it up a notch, try watching something like The Secret, which is very motivating and makes you feel like you can accomplish anything - because you can!


PIN FOR LATER

These are things that I personally like to do to turn my bad days around. Let me know if any of these tips work for you, or what you like to do to put yourself in a better mood!

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts...