SOCIAL MEDIA

LOVE LIST

Monday, January 1, 2018

3 Habits I'm Starting in 2018


Y'all - WE MADE IT! It's 2018 and we freakin' made it! I don't know about you guys, but my life for the past few weeks has been filled with documentaries and YouTube videos about self-growth, organization, and making dreams come true (if you follow my vlog channel, then you got a small glimpse into what I've been doing). After testing out a few things and figuring out what works best for me, I've made a short list of 3 habits I'm incorporating into my daily routine for a better 2018.


1. Journaling



I've always kept journals, spirals, and notepads filled with random notes and doodles, but I've never really written with a purpose. It wasn't until watching the plethora of New Year Planning videos that I began to have the urge to write literally everything down. Every morning, I fill a page in my gratitude journal with all the things in my life that I'm grateful for. It makes me so much more appreciative and puts me in such a great mood to start off my day. If I had a crazy dream, I write it down in the Dreams section of my notes in my phone. Who knows! I could come up with a million dollar idea in my dreams and writing it down will make me remember it when my conscious mind takes over and my subconscious thoughts go back to dream land. I make lists of everything I need to get done for the day and it's honestly helped me become a lot more productive. Half the time I say, "I need to do (insert task here)" and then forget it. Writing it down makes me a lot more mindful and I feel so accomplished checking things off my to-do list.

Now what I'm most excited about is my 2018 Goals Journal. I've started a journal where I've written out all my goals and aspirations for the year - the big picture. Then at the beginning of every month, I'll write down what I want to accomplish for the next 30-31 days followed by a vision board and a reflection page on what I learned, what I accomplished, and my favorite moments. If you guys would like, I'd love to share my January section once it's complete at the end of this month!

2. Meditation



I've read and watched so many great things about meditation recently. It can help with many different aspects of our lives such as getting focused, getting a better night's rest, bringing in positive energy to make us happier throughout the day, get our thoughts in order, and can even help us manifest greatness into your life. I've tried meditation a few times, but I'm still getting the gist of it. My mind tends to wander... like A LOT! But like with everything in life, practice makes perfect! I like to search for guided meditations on YouTube - it's free and they tell you exactly what to do!

3. Exercising



I have a confession... I went to the gym three times last year - Once for a free session and two other times because my old job sent me to Soulcycle to cover a couple events. Other than that, I did not work out. When I tell people this, they usually say, "but girl you don't even need to go to the gym! You're so tiny!" Y'all, I don't want to be a toothpick! I need some muscle, a booty, some abs, something to grab for when I meet my husband! But besides looking a certain way, exercising is just plain old great for our health. I'm tired of being out of breath walking up a flight of stairs. I'm getting that blood pumping and energy flowing with a little exercise 4 to 5 times a week. Whether it's going for a hike, doing a little yoga, or taking a class, I'm getting up and getting moving!

PIN FOR LATER

These habits are great ones to start for both our mental health and physical health. What are some habits you want to start this year? Or maybe you have habits you want to continue from last year! Let me know in the comment section down below and have a very Happy New Year!

1 comment :

  1. Yesssss to all three! I stayed journaling last year and ever since I’ve felt amazing. You can go back and reflect on what your mood was and what you were thinking a year ago! I’ve been saying that I wanted to start excercising again too. #Yourgirlneedsagymmembership ���� We will definitely see what is to come. My goals this year are super long. Lol I’m going to have to share that a different day.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts...